Here’s an overview of what you should expect:
1. It starts with a phone call: Our phone number is 443-392-2892. Please call between the hours of 9am -9pm (unless you have an obscene amount of money gripped in your itchy fingers. We recommend that you call us immediately if such is the case). You will chat with Dave about some basics such as timing, budget, impetus, and we will determine if an in-person meeting is needed or if phone and emails will suffice.
2. Consultation Fee: If you are interested in moving forward, we collect a consultation fee at this point. The amount of the consultation fee is based on the complexity of the work and if and where we need to meet. Typical fees are in the $300-$500 range.
3. Design Meeting: Together, we’ll brainstorm ideas, discuss sources of inspiration, budget and scheduling. This meeting usually takes place at your home or business where you will be most comfortable and the intended location of the piece; however, sometimes it is easier to handle things through email and phone calls. After, Dave will work up renderings based on the discussions.
4. Review of Sketches: We’ll present you with a series of sketches for review. We’ll make any needed alterations to the designs based on your feedback and provide you with a pricing estimate. Once you feel confident about a design and decide to move forward on the work, a 50% deposit is required and we reserve your space on our work calendar.
5. Creation of the Piece: Communication does not end once we begin work. There may be questions and modifications that improve the design, and this is a good thing. Visit our In the Studio page for an in depth look at what happens behind the scenes.
6. Delivery and Installation: When complete, we’ll deliver and install your piece. The project balance is due on delivery.
Many of our clients are repeat customers, and we look forward to getting to know you as well.
*A note on designs: All sketches and designs remain the sole property of Sleightholm Arts. Individuals or organizations that handle Sleightholm Arts designs do not acquire any right to reproduce any portion for any reason without written permission. If you are interested in having a design that you plan to have made elsewhere, we do that too! In this case, we would charge a design fee appropriate to the complexity of the project and provide you with sketches and mock-ups that would enable a third party to execute the work.
site design by Laura Genello